Migraine Therapy - Dentist
Dental Migraine Therapy in Dearborn
Many migraine, headache, and TMJ disorders are associated with an imbalance in the dental system, which includes the jaws, teeth, and muscles. By helping you obtain the perfect bite, a Neuro-Muscular-Occlusal Balanced Bite, Dr. Gusfa can reduce trauma to your bite, your TMJ, and your head, neck and shoulder muscles, and in turn reduce the intensity and occurrence of migraines and headaches.
- Frequent Headaches
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Clicking or popping of the jaw and/or grinding of the teeth
- Pain around or ringing and fullness in ears
- Limited movement of your jaw
- Fatigue and soreness in the muscles of the face
- Sensitive teeth
- Balance problems or dizziness
- Stress, anxiety, insomnia and/or depression
Prevention and Detection
Dr. Gusfa has had extensive training treating migraine, headache TMJ symptoms without surgery and without drugs. It is estimated that 90% of all women suffer from an "unbalanced bite" which can cause TMD symptoms. Prevention techniques can help young and middle-aged women before they get these symptoms. Dr. Gusfa uses a combination of techniques and modern technology to evaluate your bite, including, TScan Technology.
1. In-Office Therapy :
- massage trigger point therapy
- ultrasound therapy
- T-Scan – computer-assisted bite refinement
- laser therapy
- microcurrent therapy - which has been described as acupuncture without the needles.
2. Home Therapy:
- stress reduction therapy
- Nutritional supplements; and
- Use of an advanced painless microcurrent unit that relieves sore muscles and joints
- Neuromuscular orthotics (night-time appliances)
Get Started Today
Schedule your free TMJ, migraine, and headache consultation today!
"I have been migraine-free for almost seven months now. I was
skeptical when first starting the treatment but amazed with the
results! If you suffer from severe headaches and migraines, you need
to try this." -K.P.
"I didin't know what it was like to be pain free for 20+ years until
now. Thanks Dr. Gusfa!" -A.J.